Organized as a mission in 1883, Our Merciful Saviour Episcopal Church has been serving Christ for 110 years. The church first organized 1870 under name of Holy Apostles Church. The current site was given in 1898, and the church building was completed on May 2, 1909 under the lead of Mr. and Mrs. Woodson Nash. It shares its architecture (Rural Gothic style) with Holy Trinity by the Lake Episcopal Church, Heath, which was built a couple years prior with the same plans.
Consecrated in May 2, 1909 by the Rt. Rev. Alexander. Garrett, first bishop of Missionary District of Northern Texas (first Bishop of Dallas), it has been serving the people of Kaufman and the Diocese of Dallas ever since.